Logistics & Warehousing
Sphere have been asked on many occasions to help both logistic and warehousing organisations to improve their health and safety awareness, documentation, training and staff understanding.
It all starts with the risk profile!
Completing a risk profile gives you exactly what risk you need to address and where possible reduce to a residual level. They are usually based around:
- People (their understanding and training)
- Vehicles (causing collision, damage or injury)
- Working at heights (whether this be on the back of a vehicle or on stagings, platforms or docks)
- Charging forklift trucks
- Vehicle repair including tyre damage and repair out on the road.
- Lifting and carrying products and items
- Separating vehicles and pedestrians
- Racking and storage
- Product or packaging based risks
With the risk profile in place we can then put into place suitable:
- Health and Safety Policy
- Risk Assessments
- Method Statements and Safe Systems of Work
- COSHH Assessments
- Staff Training
- Health and Safety Communications
- Inspections and Reports
Improving your staffs understanding of health and safety onsite is the best way to control health and safety at your workplace. We spend time with your staff passing on tried and tested health and safety solutions, making them more aware and more confident in their health and safety role.